Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 477738
Click "Cancel" for the popup window of disable master password will break button "Edit Saved password"
Last modified: 2009-01-16 06:53:26 EST
Description of problem:
After enable FIPS and check the option of "Use a master password ...", click button "Remove Master Password" doesn't work.
for the purpose of disable it, just uncheck the option "Use a master password..." ,in the popup window, click "Cancel" until the window disappear. After this, although we click "Cancel" the option is still unchecked, but also what even worse is that user cannot view saved passwords by click "Edit saved passwords" any longer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Certificates,click 'Security Devices' and set a password and enable FIPS
2. go to "Privacy", check the option,input the password,click Close
3. go to Edit->Preferences->Privacy, click "Remove Master password" ( no response)
4. uncheck the option and click "Cancel" for the pupup window until the window disappear
4. click "Edit Saved Passwords", window cannot be launched successfully
Get problem as described above
Could remove master password and button "Edit master password" should work well.
OK, the fact that you cannot unset Master password in FIPS mode is the indented behavior -- you have to have one in FIPS.
Actually, here with thunderbird-188.8.131.52-1.el5_2 I don't get any error message -- just clicking on "Remove Master Password" button does nothing (as it should; yes, information message why it doesn't do anything would be helpful -- feel free to file a bug about it upstream).
I then still use "Edit Stored Passwords" (after entering the master password, of course).