Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 477853
Kernel (22.214.171.124-134.fc10.i686) failure: at lib/list_debug.c:51 list_del+0x41/0x60()
Last modified: 2009-09-17 00:54:16 EDT
Created attachment 327798 [details]
kerneloops(txt), kde crash reports(3, txt), firstbootX.log(txt), 4 screen captures(png's)
Description of problem:
Machine crashes under diverse circumstances:
1)At start-up, machine crashes and kerneloops is displayed, keyboard is unresponsive, machine must be reseted. Sometimes the machine must be reseted two times.
2) During a session the machine might crash, alerting of a kerneloops (will be attached)
3) Machine has display troubles, sometimes mousing over a region of th screen, part of the screen becomes displaced, clickin on the screen restores the appearance (screen captures will be sent)
4) Using Firefox, scrolling through a page, part of the browser window becomes garbled.
5) System Monitor shows an irregular, and at times, high cpu utilization, although the machine is not running any processor intensive apps, screen capture of the graphs will be attached(not sure how reiable this repot tool is)
6) There is a perception that the machine, while running KDE is more prone to crash than when running Gnome, KDE crash reports will be attached.
i) Motherboard: Intel D945GCNL FSB 533/800
ii) Processor: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200 @ 1.6 GHz
iii) RAM: 2 x VALUERAM DIMM 1GB @ 667 MHz DDR2 NON-ECC
iv) HD: Western Digital 250GB @ 7200 RPM, SATA-II, 16 MB Buffer
7) This same machine, before installing Fedora 10 from the live CD, was running Fedora 8, without any troubles.
8) The machine was fully updated via "yum update", but the above mentioned issues persist.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Crashes are totally random, machine might run without trouble during several ours without crashing, nevertheless, the display issues are continuos, but not predictable. Other times machine crashes during start-up and must be reseted (2 time, sometimes)
Steps to Reproduce:
Additional info: Attached docs.: fisrtbootX.log, Kded4.Kcrash, Kpackagekit-smart-icon.Kcrash, Kgoldrunner.Kcrash, Kerneloops.7SolT3, 4 screen captures showing the display issues.
By mistake I didn't set the priority but I think it must be "Urgent", please correct. Thanks...
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. In order to provide suitable tracking of bugs, the bug writing guidelines (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html) ask that reporters file one bug per issue. It appears that this bug contains multiple issues. If you have time and can still reproduce the bug (or bugs), please submit them as separate bugs for each of your separate issues. One bug can remain in this report; simply edit the summary to reflect this. You can note the new bug numbers in a comment for this bug.
The information we've requested above is required in order to review this problem report further and diagnose or fix the issue if it is still present. Since it has been thirty days or more since we first requested additional information, we're assuming the problem is either no longer present in the current Fedora release, or that there is no longer any interest in tracking the problem.
Setting status to "CLOSED: INSUFFICIENT_DATA". If you still experience this problem after updating to our latest Fedora release and can provide the information previously requested, please feel free to reopen the bug report.