Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 478378
RFE make all (error) dialogs resizeable and better default size
Last modified: 2009-01-14 08:43:13 EST
Description of problem:
When an unexpected error occurred, a dialog was displayed. This dialog is OK to read the generic error message, but once the show details is clicked, the info shown is essentially unusable.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
eg as in bug 478377
Steps to Reproduce:
1. make an error dialog occur
2. expand the more details triangle
The dialog gains a small amount of height.
1. Dialog should use up the rest of the screen height once expanded.
2. Dialog width after expanding should be:
- wide enough to fit the longest error string in the text area, unless
- it's greater than 80 chars (make it 80 chars in the font used), or
- it would be too wide for the screen (for small displays - use the screen width).
3. The dialog should be resizeable.
Additional info: see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=327908
Notice that the More details text box could actually fill all the way to the left of the dialog (once opened). This could make better use of screen space on smaller displays.
Author: Richard Hughes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu Jan 8 13:00:24 2009 +0000
bugfix: make error dialog resizable when error details are being shown. Fixes RH#478378