Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 478402
FutureFeature: De centralized update mechanism
Last modified: 2014-01-21 18:07:45 EST
In case of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests page i put new important feature to Fedora community.
For now fedora have 3 content delivery applications:
All applications centralized and required data server i suggest to upgrade yum update mechanism to get full feature system wide content delivery service.
- to have service similar as torrent tracer where each host can be content delivery node and sprend updates in local network
- yum server convert to torrent tracker subsystem
- all system wide updates controll by yum and refuse codeina and autodownloader
- upgrade yum to create local repos visible in local network (mdns) to share music\video and other stuff.
- create web server ifrastructure to easy publish content to internet (createrepo+web)
- get able autodownloader to load content from any strorage (local cdrom, local network, torrent tracker, http, ftp, samba...)
- get able yum to apply binary\text paches to new content
Sorry, this isn't going to happen.