Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 478474
Banshee locks up transcoding files to Sansa e250
Last modified: 2009-12-18 02:26:15 EST
Description of problem:Banshee locks up trying to transfer either flac or ogg encoded files to a Sansa e250. It gets to about 97 or 98 percent of the file transcoded and the locks up. If I mount the device as MSC, i can see an mp3 file but neither banshee nor the e250 list it.
Using banshee --debug I get
PTP: Opening session
[Warn 12:42:35.409] Caught an exception - Number overflow. (in `Mtp')
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)
at Mtp.AbstractTrackList..ctor (Mtp.MtpDevice device, IntPtr tracks, UInt32 count) [0x00000]
at Mtp.Playlist..ctor (Mtp.MtpDevice device, PlaylistStruct playlist) [0x00000]
at Mtp.MtpDevice.GetPlaylists () [0x00000]
at Banshee.Dap.Mtp.MtpSource.LoadFromDevice () [0x00000]
[Info 12:42:35.583] Sync calculated for Music Library: to add: 101 items, remove 1 items; sync_src.cacheid = 79, to_add.cacheid = 87, to_remove.cacheid = 95
Sync calculated for Video Library: to add: 0 items, remove 0 items; sync_src.cacheid = 97, to_add.cacheid = 99, to_remove.cacheid = 107
Sync calculated for Podcasts: to add: 8 items, remove 0 items; sync_src.cacheid = 111, to_add.cacheid = 115, to_remove.cacheid = 123
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: It happens every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
Could you try
yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing libmtp\*
and see if it fixes the problem? It sounds like a libmtp bug.
Upgraded to libmtp-0.3.5-1.fc10.i386 from updates-testing. I get the same result and the same error.
I installed Rockbox 3.1 on the e250. Using banshee and the original Sansa firmware, banshee locks up on the end of converting an ogg file to mp3. I boot into Rockbox, and my song is recognized and on the e250. It is complete without any problems. Apparently banshee can convert the file and copy it too the e250. It just locks up at the end.
Upgraded to banshee-1.4.2-1.fc10.i386 from updates-testing. Still having the same issue with lockup.
This could be an upstream issue. Could you file it upstream (bugzilla.gnome.org), as I don't have the hardware to test it? You can then link the bug number in the External Bugs section.
I opened a bug upstream #571293
Upgraded to banshee 1.4.3 from upstream. That fixes this bug. I am able to transfer my flac files and have them encoded on the fly with no problems.
Ah, good. We're planning to update F-10 and F-9 to 1.4.3 soon, I'll make sure this bug gets closed by the update.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 10 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 10. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '10'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 10's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 10 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 10 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2009-12-17. Fedora 10 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.