Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 483618
RFE: Add support for multi-thread from recent TI-RPC
Last modified: 2013-03-03 21:52:38 EST
Description of problem:
libtirpc is based on SUN's TIRPCSRC 2.3 and is therefore lacking the MT support that was added later in TIRPCSRC 2.8 and in ONC+ TI-RPC implementations, among which:
- rpc_control() with mode RPC_SVC_MT_NONE, RPC_SVC_MT_USER or RPC_SVC_MT_AUTO to determine the multi-threading mode used
- svc_done() to free the resources when all threads are done
* RPC_SVC_MT_NONE is the equivalent of the current code (no multi-threading in svc_run())
* In RPC_SVC_MT_AUTO, the server will start a new thread to handle the reaues automatically.
* In RPC_SVC_MT_USER mode, the developer has control over the creation and destruction of the threads.
This API and mechanism are required to implement multi-threaded RPC servers.
I would just like to second Olivier's resquest that MT RPC be
supported in RH linux.
We are a long time user of Enterprise Linux and have legacy applications that would benefit from this enhancement/fix.
If you guys implement it , I will be more than happy to test it !