Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 485880
missing options in rhnpush.8
Last modified: 2012-10-15 05:06:37 EDT
Description of problem:
There are missing options in the rhnpush.8 man-page, but
'--help' lists them.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. # rhnpush --help
2. # man rhnpush
Missing in man page:
All options should be in both outputs (man-page and --help message)
Used mmalik's script for this (gives some false-positives):
# cd /mnt/qa/scratch/mmalik/options-comparator/
# ./compare-options.sh `type -p rhnpush`
Guessing man page path:
The binary analysis was NOT done
Doing man page vs. usage message comparison
The program reported 40 option(s)
The man page reported 37 option(s)
37 COMMON option(s):
3 option(s) reported by the program ONLY:
0 option(s) reported by the man page ONLY:
I have checked man-page from:
and it is still not fixed there (I'm searching for "--no-cache", "--no-session-caching" and "-N" in the man-page).
Changelog of the package is (if that is important):
* Thu Feb 12 2009 jesus m. rodriguez <email@example.com> 0.4.2-1
- replace "!#/usr/bin/env python" with "!#/usr/bin/python"
- 436332 - return an error code other than 0 if there is a mismatch
- more changes for nvrea error handling
- 241127 - Solaris patch-requires fix
- 241369 - --force and --nullorg are incompatible options
- bump up version 0.4.1
- 461701 - don't use cached session if username is provided on commandline
* Thu Sep 25 2008 Milan Zazrivec 0.3.1-1
- Bumped version for spacewalk 0.3
* Wed Sep 03 2008 Milan Zazrivec 0.2.2-1
- Bumped version for spacewalk 0.2
* Thu Nov 02 2006 James Bowes <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 4.2.0-48
- Initial seperate packaging.
Thank you in advance,
hrm looks like the latest pkgs were not picked up by the build. I'll make sure this gets into the next iso drop. moving back to modified.
VERIFIED on 20090507.1 - rhnpush-5.3.1-5.el5sat.noarch
the option -N is presented in SYNOPSIS section, but is not repeated in OPTIONS section.
punted off 530.
Fixed in spacewalk.git as commit 688ced66c8080b616b2bc17cb67c93a617ca8282
I have verified that in rhnpush-5.5.42-5.el6sat.noarch is documentation where all switches printed out by --help are also in man page (including those mentioned in Comment 0)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.