Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 486710
Wikipedia lookup inside Amarok is broken
Last modified: 2009-06-07 19:45:12 EDT
Description of problem:
Selecting the Artist tab from the Context browser does not show the normal Wikipedia results,
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Every attempt fails, restarting Amarok makes no difference, no obvious error messages appear
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Amarok
2. Play a track
3. Select Context browser tab, then Artist tab, no Wikipedia entry appears.
No Wikipedia lookup
Artist data returned
The Open in external browser link works normally.
This is using Fedora 9 with all packages to latest version.
I have updated to amarok-1.4.10-3.fc9.x86_64.rpm and the Wikipedia lookup inside Amarok is still broken, it does not return any information except to show a list of the available languages.
Bummer, we applied the recommended patch from upstream. \:
Yes, it's puzzling. I didn't build from source, so I don't have the patched file to hand to check this.
FTAOD, I have Fedora 9 with all the latest patches, I downloaded way over 600MB of them yesterday plus more today so it isn't due to anything being out of date.
Since F9 is about to go EOL going to close this as WONTFIX. If you find the issue in either F10 or F11 please reopen and change to the appropriate release.
Steven M. Parrish - KDE Triage Master
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team