Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 487981
CUDA support missing
Last modified: 2009-03-06 10:38:59 EST
Description of problem:
In the lastest version, CUDA support is missing (require libcudart.so).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start boinc /etc/init.d/boinc-client start
2. connect to core using boincmgr
3. observed "No CUDA device found" in message
message "No CUDA device found"
messgae "CUDA device found" and GPUGrid app is schedule and run
I was able to fix it with these steps:
1) copy libcudart.so from GPUGrid version of boinc-client to /var/log/boinc/
2) change BOINCUSER=root in /etc/init.d/boinc-client
Also one more step to make CUDA work:
3) put a kludge in /etc/init.d/boinc-client, just before starting boinc-client
mknod -m 0666 /dev/nvidiactl c 195 255 &>/dev/null
mknod -m 0666 /dev/nvidia0 c 195 0 &>/dev/null
I'm sorry, but Nvidia's CUDA (including the libcudart.so) is not open source and, as such, will never be part of Fedora -- I've just clarified this with Fedora Legal team members. However, I'll consider packaging CUDA in rpmfusion -- but that's another story.