Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 488180
the admin server still prompts for the directory manager password after adding a new instance and running register-ds-admin.pl
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:36:54 EST
Description of problem:
I built out a new RHDS 8 master using setup-ds-admin.pl. That instance works fine when using the IDM console and I do not get prompted for a directory manager password. Then I added a second instance on a different port using setup-ds.pl. I used register-ds-admin.pl in interactive mode and ran through all the options. register-ds-admin.pl registered the new instance with the admin server. However, whenever I access this new instance via the IDM console, I am prompted for the directory manager password. I correctly provided this information when running register-ds-admin.pl.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): redhat-ds-admin-8.0.4-3.el5dsrv
How reproducible: every time, I've tried multiple times
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install a new master with setup-ds-admin.pl (with a local admin server)
2. install another instance with setup-ds.pl
3. run register-ds-admin.pl and provide all the requested information
4. setup-ds-.pl and register-ds-admin.pl will both complete successfully
5. log in with admin user in the IDM console
6. open the new instance, you will be prompted for the directory manager password.
prompted for the directory manager password
The new instance should open in the IDM console without prompting for a password.
Additional info: this may be related to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488179.
I believe that this is taken care of by my recent fix for bug 486402.
The problem was that the register-ds-admin.pl script was not setting the pass-through authentication plug-in, which is used to let the admin user authenticate to the non-config DS instances.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 486402 ***