Bug 489104 - Interpretation of %_sourcedir macro when installing src.rpms has changed
Interpretation of %_sourcedir macro when installing src.rpms has changed
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: rpm (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
low Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Panu Matilainen
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-03-07 12:16 EST by Jason Tibbitts
Modified: 2009-03-09 00:38 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2009-03-08 06:05:07 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Jason Tibbitts 2009-03-07 12:16:19 EST
I have had 
  %_topdir    /home/tibbs/work/rpm
  %_sourcedir %{_topdir}/%{name}-%{version}
in my ~/.rpmmacros for many years now, so installed src.rpms would unpack nicely  under work/rpm.  But this morning when I updated my rawhide machine to rpm-4.7.0-0.beta1.1.fc11.x86_64, this behavior changed oddly.

Now installing a src.rpm creates two directories, one having the name I would expect (but empty) and one literally having the name "%{name}-%{version}" containing the spec, tarball and such.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help debug this.
Comment 1 Panu Matilainen 2009-03-08 06:05:07 EDT
Ah, yeah - just a silly oversight from src.rpm installation code cleanup, thanks for reporting.

Fixed in rpm-4.7.0-0.beta1.2.fc11.
Comment 2 Jason Tibbitts 2009-03-08 10:50:40 EDT
I pulled the build from koji and this is indeed fixed.  Thanks!
Comment 3 Jason Tibbitts 2009-03-09 00:38:12 EDT
I'm not sure if it's related (and if it's not I'll happily open another ticket), but I note that when I do a simple rpmbuild -bs --nodeps I find, created in my %_topdir, two empty directories:
  BUILDROOT
  %{name}-%{version} (literally)

I think the creation of the BUILDROOT directory may have shown up with 4.6 (I noticed the directory a while back but never figured out what was creating it), but the latter directory is new with the 4.7 releases.

For reference, here's my complete ~/.rpmmacros:

%_topdir                                /home/tibbs/work/rpm
%_builddir                              /home/tibbs/work/tmp
%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build      1
%_missing_doc_files_terminate_build     1
%_rpmdir                                /home/tibbs/work/built-rpms
%_srcrpmdir                             /home/tibbs/work/source-rpms
%_rpmfilename              %%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm

%_sourcedir                             %{_topdir}/%{name}-%{version}
%_specdir                               %{_sourcedir}

%_signature gpg
%_gpg_path /home/tibbs/.gnupg
%_gpg_name Jason Tibbitts <tibbs@math.uh.edu>
%_gpgbin /usr/bin/true

%packager                           Jason Tibbitts <tibbs@math.uh.edu>
%_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.