Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 489350
Multiple runs of spacewalk-setup produce multiple monitoring scout entries
Last modified: 2009-09-17 03:10:58 EDT
Created attachment 334553 [details]
scout config push page
Description of problem:
Multiple runs of spacewalk-setup (for example if previous run fails or
gets interrupted) result into multiple monitoring scout entries in databse
(visible via webui).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. # spacewalk-setup --disconnected
2. Proceed with the spacewalk-setup all the way to the point where the
setup says "* Enabling Monitoring."
3. At this point it's safe to Ctrl-C the installation (to simulate the failure)
4. Re-run the setup again, answer no to wiping out the existing schema, proceed
all the way to the end.
5. Enable monitoring + monitoring scout.
6. webui: monitoring -> scout config push
Multiple scout entries (see attachment).
One entry for scout running on installed Spacewalk.
Commited as e9b92eaeed70090cec629d8570c1aab19053ab71
Fixed in spacewalk-setup-0.5.20-1
Spacewalk 0.5 released.
Spacewalk 0.5 has been released for long time ago.