Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 489698
squashfs zlib corruption
Last modified: 2013-09-02 02:32:02 EDT
Created attachment 334800 [details]
anaconda-logs.tgz (anaconda.log, syslog, vncserver.log, program.log etc...)
Description of problem:
Start a vnc install of rawhide on an IBM Power5 ppc system. Once you connect to the vnc session (from another rawhide system) ... the display is all black.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
* anaconda version 22.214.171.124 on ppc
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot rawhide vmlinuz+ramdisk.image.gz on a IBM Power5 system (ibm-505-lp1.test.redhat.com)
2. Select VNC install (no passwd)
3. Connect to the
* Launcing vncviewer from a rawhide client displays an empty black window
* I expect to see the installer on the vncviewer window
* using vncviewer from vnc-4.1.3-1.fc10 also has this problem, so I suspect it's not the client
* On anaconda, /tmp/vncserver.log shows the following upon connection.
sh-4.0# tail -fn0 /tmp/vncserver.log
Wed Mar 11 13:37:30 2009
Connections: accepted: 10.11.228.34::48267
SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
SConnection: Client requests security type None(1)
JpegEncoder: no hardware JPEG compressor available
VNCSConnST: Server default pixel format depth 16 (16bpp) big-endian rgb565
VNCSConnST: Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
* See attached anaconda-logs.tgz for all files in /tmp
I think this thread talks about this issue:
Indeed, this appears to be the same issue.
sh-4.0# dmesg | tail
SQUASHFS error: zlib_inflate tried to decompress too much data, expected 131072 bytes. Zlib data probably corrupt
SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x6c3cfd
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [6c3cfd]
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 6c3cfd, size cf05
After talking to jkeating, reassigning this known issue to kernel and setting title appropriately
*** Bug 489520 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I've got the same error when booting a live image created with kernel-2.6.29-0.218.rc7.git2.fc11. Only the block and the cache entries differs.
Should be fixed in 0.235.rc7.git4.fc11.
Confirmed to work on live images with 0.237.rc7.git4.fc11
Confirmed as well.