Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 489755
Miro 2.0 requires rb_libtorrent >= 0.14. 0.13 may cause download problems.
Last modified: 2010-08-25 20:18:32 EDT
Description of problem:
'yum install Miro' installs rb_libtorrent 0.13 and rb_libtorrent-python 0.13 dependencies. Miro 2.0 is built against rb_libtorrent 0.14.
The version difference appears to be the cause of torrents stuck on "starting up" in Miro after download. Details:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Miro revision 9276
Steps to Reproduce:
1. 'yum install Miro'
2. Download a trackerless, web-seeded torrent in Miro.
3. Miro downloads all torrent bytes but does not complete the download.
Stuck on "starting up" in Miro after download.
Normal completion of the download.
Bug may depend on bug 478924: Build failures with rb_libtorrent 0.14.x
Odd, I thought that Miro did work with 0.13.x. It works for most of the downloads from the feeds. Is this for pure torrents, i.e. not channels available through the Miro Guide?
Will: I thought there was a patch applied upstream in 2.0.2 to allow it to compile against 0.13.x?
In any case, we may be able to fix this in F-10 by re-enablling compilation of the internal copy of rb_libtorrent, rather using the system rb_libtorrent.
1) I did fix Miro so that it'll work with a system installation of libtorrent 0.13 or 0.14. That should work fine for all things it works fine for. ;)
The problem in bug 11572 is that George has a "single-file, trackerless (DHT), web-seeded .torrent created from Mainline BitTorrent/6120 after download" and that this doesn't work with Miro when using libtorrent 0.13.
The best I can figure is that libtorrent 0.13 doesn't support whatever it is that this kind of torrent needs or it's one of many things that were fixed in 0.14.
George's testing suggests that if you have Miro use its libtorrent 0.14 instead of the system libtorrent 0.13, that will fix the issue.
As an aside, I haven't spent much time looking into this, so everything I'm saying is second hand information.
George: feel free to chime in here if I've misconstrued things.
George: do you have a link to the kind of torrent you are getting this bug so I can test whether compiling the internal 0.14 copy of rb_libtorrent in Miro on F-10 fixes this bug?
New pending build:
about to go to updates-testing which uses internal copy of libtorrent. Please test when it hits updates-testing to see if it fixes your issue.
re #4: http://www.archive.org/download/upua_ccsg_rally_for_relief_9feb2009/upua_ccsg_rally_for_relief_9feb2009.ogg
re #2: This is accurate. I tried to run client_test to better isolate the problem, but ran into issues with building Rasterbar 0.13.1 from my compilation of Boost 1.38.0.
Miro-2.0.3-1.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update Miro'. You can provide feedback for this update here: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2009-2766
Miro-2.0.3-1.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.