Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 489934
Modifying system base software channel: no default field highlighted if no base chan used, can ISE.
Last modified: 2009-09-10 16:34:18 EDT
Description of problem:
If a system is subscribed to a base software channel, and user goes to $system > Software > Software Channels, this channel is highlighted by default in the "Base Software Channel" listbox.
However, if system is not subscribed to a base channel, nothing is highlighted. Hitting the "Confirm" button in this state results in ISE.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
* Assure you have one or more standard base channels synced
* Assure you have one or more systems registered
1. Navigate to $system > Software > Software Channels
2. In the "Base Software Channel" listbox, note that your current base channel /is/ highlighted.
3. select "(none, disable service)" and hit "Confirm"
4. Click "Modify Base Software Channel" on ensuing page.
5. After being returned to the "Software Channel" page, observe the "Base Software Channel" listbox.
6. Click the "Confirm" button.
No ISE, but this is probably occurring due to a null value being submitted.
The real issue here is that "(none, disable service)" should probably be highlighted by default if the system indeed has no base channel. This would avoid the possibility of submitting a null value.
Note that this seems to be the only way I can find to actually "Confirm" without /something/ being selected. That's why it's more important to simply assure something is always selected, versus trying to debug an ISE which is probably simply due to a null submit.
good catch corey :}
tree 15efeb7f39ebf8de7214d01312857297a8cb4365 tree | snapshot
parent 10aa84f166102be39fbc3e3c310a6e85725b165d commit | diff
QA Verified. If no base channel, then "(none, disable service)" is selected by default. I can't seem to find a way to 'unselect' everything, so I think we're good here, wrt avoiding the possibility of any ISEs.
Verified in stage -> RELEASE_PENDING
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.