Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 491289
When deleting a email, the function of Undo/Redo does not work for imap folders
Last modified: 2009-04-07 10:20:22 EDT
Description of problem:
When delete a email, the function of Undo/Redo does not work for imap folders.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a imap account in thunderbird, refer Additional info for the details of the mail account used to reproduce the issue.
2. ge some other account to send mails to this account, and select a message by click on it
3. go to Edit->Delete Message
4. go to Edit->Undo Delete Message
5. go to Edit->Redo Delete Message
the mails can be delete by step 3, but the deletion cannot undo/redo.
After step 4, the deleted message will be moved back into the folder from trash.
after step 5, the message has been moved into Trash again
account used to setting thunderbird:
google server info:
imap.gmail.com (security: ssl)
locale en_US.utf-8 and zh_CN.utf-8
How do you set up deleting emails (marking as deleted, move to trash, delete immediately)?
"move it to trash folder".
if I select "All Mail", and choose a mail to delete, it does disappear from the "All Mail" folder.
then I click on "Starred" folder and click "Spam", and then click on "All Mail" folder again, the deleted mail appears in "All Mail" again.
Closing as NOTABUG. For a weird and complicated story about Thunderbird and Gmail IMAP read for example
and don't ask many questions ;-)