Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 491579
Review Request: jjack - JACK audio driver for the Java Sound API
Last modified: 2009-05-08 23:58:54 EDT
Spec URL: http://oget.fedorapeople.org/review/jjack.spec
SRPM URL: http://oget.fedorapeople.org/review/jjack-0.3-1.fc10.src.rpm
JJack is a JACK audio driver for the Java Sound API and a framework for the
Java programming language that allows Java applications to use the JACK Audio
Connection Kit. Audio processor clients can be designed to:
* create their own sounds (as a synthesizer or sample-player)
* change the sound-output of other clients (e.g. as an effects-device)
* analyse the audio streams generated by other clients (e.g. display
the wave form)
rpmlint is silent
Fedora review jjack-0.3-1.fc10.src.rpm 2009-04-26
4 packages and 1 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 0 warnings.
* Package is named according to guidelines
* Specfile is named after the package
* The package follows the guidelines for a java package using JNI
* License is Fedora approved: LGPLv2+
* The License tags in the sources only says LGPL without version.
According to the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing page LGPL
without version is equivalent to LGPLv2+. ("Note that this is
LGPLv2+, not LGPL+, because version 2 was the first version of
LGPL.") The version number in the LICENSE file itself is not
relevant for (L)GPL.
* The LICENSE file is packaged as %doc
* Specfile is written in legible English
* Sources matches upstream to the extent possible (differences are documented):
$ diff -ur SRPM/jjack-0.3 jjack-0.3
Only in jjack-0.3/doc/www: mp3
Only in SRPM/jjack-0.3/doc/www: ogg
* Package compiles in mock (Fedora 10)
* BuildRequires are sane
* Package owns directories it creates
* No duplicate files
* Permissions are sane and %files has %defattr
* %clean clears buildroot
* Macros are used consistently
* Documentation is in javadoc subpackage
* %doc is not runtime essential
* Package does not own other's directories
* %install clears buildroot
* Installed files are valid UTF-8
One small suggestion: The wrapper script passes its arguments on as
$1 $2 $3 $4 $5
It is probably better to instead do
(including the quotes). This will work better in cases where there are
empty arguments ("") or quoted arguments containing spaces, subtleties
that now get lost.
Thanks a lot, I will update the script.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: jjack
Short Description: JACK audio driver for the Java Sound API
Branches: F-9 F-10 F-11
jjack-0.3-2.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
jjack-0.3-2.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
jjack-0.3-2.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
Package imported and built. Closing.
jjack-0.3-2.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
jjack-0.3-2.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
jjack-0.3-2.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.