Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 491830
iptables 22.214.171.124 for the 2.6.29 kernel
Last modified: 2009-03-30 09:11:51 EDT
The netfilter coreteam presents:
iptables version 1.4.3
the iptables release for the 2.6.29 kernel. It has been some time
since the last release and we've had a lot of changes all over the
place. Besides the usual fixes and cleanups, we have:
- numerous documentation updates from Jan Engelhardt and others
- a set of changes to move some of the iptables functionality to
a shared library for tc and m_ipt from Jan and Jamal Hadi Salim
- another patch to make libiptc available as shared library. Some
distributions have been carrying patches for this despite being
explicitly unsupported. The library does not guarantee a stable
API, but it should make life for distributors a bit easier.
- IPv6 support for the recent match from Jan
- TPROXY support by Krisztian Kovacs
- SCTP/DCCP NAT support by myself
And lots of smallish changes, almost 90% of which are from Jan.
Check out the Changelog for more details.
This release starts enforcing the deprecation of NAT filtering that
was added in 1.4.2-rc1, filtering rules in the NAT tables will cause
an error instead of a warning from now on. Please make sure your
rulesets are update appropriately.
Fixed in rawhide in package iptables-126.96.36.199-1 or newer.