Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 492235
Testcase nouveau kms failed
Last modified: 2009-03-25 23:50:11 EDT
Description of problem:
I got the 2D progress bar. I do not know how to show some logs, Where Can I find it?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable the nouveau driver. You may need to install the driver package, and download this file and install it as /etc/X11/xorg.conf . If using the Test Day live CD, you can ignore this step
2. Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again (using the Test Day live CD if you so choose)
3. At the bootloader step, enter the bootloader (on the live CD press any key when the countdown to automatic boot starts). Press 'e' on the default entry to edit the kernel options. If necessary, select the line with the kernel parameters and hit 'e' again. Append nouveau.modeset=1 as a kernel parameter
4. Continue with boot until you reach the normal desktop
1. You should see a graphical boot progress screen at the correct resolution for your display
2. The boot process should hand off to X smoothly with no resolution changes, and your desktop should come up normally as in the basic test case
You're saying that the normal non-kms boot continued instead of the graphical boot yeah? What card are you trying this on?
You'll find the kernel logs in /var/log/messages
Yes, normal non-kms boot continued.
I have Nvidia NX7950GT, if you need more information here it's my smolt profile:
Ah, thank you. This isn't a bug :) Unfortunately, the kms support for nouveau that'll be in F11 only covers GeForce 8 and higher chipsets. So, what you're seeing is expected.
Oops, I do not know that, It will be in some another update?
I hope to get to it as soon as I can after F11 is released.
Thank you so much, I will waiting for it.
Fedora 11 Rocks!!