Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 492664
Security officer: A user token can be formatted when password required dialog's cancel button clicked in
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:37:37 EST
Description of problem:
From security officer work station select format card and provide an enrolled user card, password required dialog requests the master password for the user token., click cancel 3 times and card gets formatted.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to security officer work station with SOfficer#1 token.
2. Enroll token#1 for a User#1.
3. When enrollment is complete close the esc application.
4. Re-start smart card manager application, login to security officer work station with SOfficer#1 token.
5. Click Format Card
6. Insert token#1 and click format
7. Password required dialog is displayed with message "Please enter master password for the user User#1"
8. Click Cancel 3 times.
token#1 gets formatted.
Error message indicating invalid credentials.
Password required dialog is not showed in all scenarios of formatting., for example: login to security workstation with a SOfficer#1 token, enroll token#1 for User#1, when enrollment is complete click on format card, provide token#1 and click format.