Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 494580
Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 has been released
Last modified: 2009-06-17 18:34:30 EDT
From http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/200903.mbox/raw/%3C20090331130550.GA29583@tumbolia.org%3E :
Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 has been released and is available for download:
This is the first release after graduating from the ASF Incubator.
Apache CouchDB is a distributed, fault-tolerant and schema-free
document-oriented database accessible via a RESTful HTTP/JSON API. Among other
features, it provides robust, incremental replication with bi-directional
conflict detection and resolution, and is queryable and indexable using a
CouchDB is written in Erlang, but can be easily accessed from any environment
that provides means to make HTTP requests. There are a multitude of third-party
client libraries that make this even easier for a variety of programming
languages and environments.
* Modular configuration.
* Performance enhancements for document and view access.
* More resilient replication process.
* Replication streams binary attachments.
* Administrator role and basic authentication.
* Document validation functions in design documents.
* Show and list functions for rendering documents and views as developer
* External process server module.
* Attachment uploading from Futon.
* Etags for views, lists, shows, document and attachment requests.
* Miscellaneous improvements to build, system integration, and portability.
This release contains backwards incompatible changes, please see:
Apache CouchDB is alpha software and still under heavy development. Please be
aware that important areas such as the public API or internal database format
may see backwards incompatible changes between versions.
It appears that 0.9.0-2.el5 is available in EPEL testing, and should be moved this Friday. Can this be closed?
Yeah, closing now... :)