Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 494702
iss_parent line in rhn_server_iss.conf does not work
Last modified: 2009-04-08 17:02:49 EDT
Description of problem:
The iss_parent option in the rhn_server_iss.conf file does not actually impact the satellite-sync command.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install two satellites (master and slave)
2. Copy the RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT from the master to the slave
3. Add the slave to the master's rhn_server_iss.conf as a permitted slave and restard the httpd on the master.
4. On the slave, add the following lines to the rhn_server_iss.conf file
iss_ca_chain=<path of RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT>
5. Restart httpd on the slave.
6. On the slave, run a satellite-sync -l
The sync contacts webqa rather than the master satellite defined in the conf file.
Since the CERT and the master are both defined in the .conf file, the satellite-sync should default to the master when no alternative iss-parent= is defined.
Defining the iss-parent= in the command line works as expected. Thus, the iss_ca_chain line is working.
your step-4 is incorrect:
its rhn_server.conf on slave, not rhn_server_iss.conf
# Name of parent for ISS.
# # If left blank rhn_parent is taken by default.
# # This option can be overriden on satellite-sync command line.
iss_ca_chain = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT