Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 495133
fix taskomatic errata notifier to take into account channel_id while before sending out notifications
Last modified: 2009-09-10 16:35:25 EDT
We fixed the database and backend to populate channel_id for a given errata as part of bug#149695 into the rhnErrataQueue. This bug is to fix taskomatic to take the new channel_id field into account so we dont spam any registered use with errata notifications instead of those only relevant to this channel.
fixing send notifications button as well
On a newly installed satellite:
1. Sync RHEL 5 i386
2. Register a system to the i386 channel
3. Sync RHEL 5 x86_64
You should NOT receive ~100 emails about errata. (Previously you would even though there were no systems registered to the newly synced channel).
Verified. Performed the steps above and did not receive a slew of errata emails. (none actually)
Hold that thought, shortly after x86_64 channel synced I got a bunch of errata emails even though the x86 channel and system had been sitting for over a day. Received about 25 emails.
There is 1 affected system registered in 'Overview' (only systems for
which you have explicitly enabled Errata Alerts are shown).
Release Arch Profile Name
---------- ---------- ---------------------------------------------
5Server i686 dhcp77-106.rhndev.redhat.com
Is this correct behavior?
Checked with Justin, he agrees this sounds off.
Sync completed for satellite-sync -c rhel-x86_64-server-5:
Begin time: Thu Jul 2 08:33:36 2009
End time: Thu Jul 2 12:57:37 2009
Elapsed: 4 hours, 24 minutes, 0 seconds
But I was not syncing the i386 channel.
Emails started arriving dated 1pm.
Moving to fails QA.
This is a sat sync issue, so prad's gonna fix it as part of bug 149695
I need clarification on something with this, if I register a system with errata to i386 channel, *before* syncing the x86_64 channel, will I get errata emails?
I got a bunch again but I'm not sure if they're because of the x86_64 sync or legit for the i386 channel the system is registered too.
I think this fails_qa again, sounds like I shouldn't be getting emails for pre-existing errata and based on the test plan above, I got the same 20 odd messages several hours after the x86_64 satellite-sync completed.
Ok I am not so sure, repeated the test on another system and the emails did *NOT* get sent out. The other system where the error did occur was having other issues in taskomatic errata mailing code, so these likely were the cause. Going to move this back to verified.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.