Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 495396
--ca-cert command line switch does not override rhn_server.conf setting
Last modified: 2011-11-03 05:13:44 EDT
Description of problem:
All command line variables should override preset parameters in the rhn_server.conf file. In the case of --ca-cert, it does not.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up a Master / Slave ISS environment
2. Download the cert file from the /pub directory of the master, to the slave, but do not put it in the default location pre-defined in the rhn_server.conf file.
3. On Slave: # satellite-sync --iss-parent=<master> --ca-cert=<custom location of the cert file> -l
This will fail, saying you don't have the right cert file
4. Edit the rhn_server.conf file and remove the preset location of the cert file, leaving that line blank.
5. Repeat the command from step 3
This command works only after the preset location for the cert file is removed from the rhn_server.conf file.
A command line variable like --ca-cert= should override the contents of the conf file. This *is* the case for --iss-parent=, but not for --ca-cert=.
pulled down the ca cert from a vmware satellite and set in the /tmp director for the slave then was able to perform a successful listing of channels on master:
[root@rlx-3-16 tmp]# satellite-sync --ca-cert=/tmp/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --iss-parent=dhcp77-237.rhndev.redhat.com -l
15:26:56 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
15:26:56 url: https://dhcp77-237.rhndev.redhat.com
[root@test04-64 ~]# satellite-sync --iss-parent=sun-x4200-01.rhts.bos.redhat.com --ca-cert=/root/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT -l
15:33:37 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
15:33:37 url: https://sun-x4200-01.rhts.bos.redhat.com
15:33:37 debug/output level: 1
15:33:38 db: sayli/<password>@rhnsat10
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.