Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 496196
Updates icon appears even if there are no updates
Last modified: 2009-05-07 17:38:28 EDT
This happens regularly in the last ~10 days in the current rawhide:
1. The updates 'orange sun' icon appears
2. I click it, view the updates, and install all of them
3. The orange sun disappears
4. In ~15 minutes the icon appears again, the tool tip shows the same number of updates as before
5. I click the icon to view the updates
6. There are no updates. I get 'All software is up to date',
7. gpk-update-viewer ends, but the icon remains there.
8. goto 5.
I've got the same bug but for 2, I made the update with yum.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 492005 ***