Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 498039
Firefox doesn't load any pages
Last modified: 2009-04-28 12:32:29 EDT
Created attachment 341594 [details]
prefs.js that breaks firefox
1. Remove ~/.mozilla
2. Launch firefox once to create a profile directory
3. Exit firefox
4. Drop the attached prefs.js inside the profile dir
5. Launch firefox
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Note that I never made any manual changes to the prefs.js, and that the only extension I ever installed (and then removed) was the google notebook.
When removing this from prefs.js
everything works as it should (well, at least I can connect to external website).
We filed this bug in the upstream database (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=490483) and believe that it is more appropriate to let it be resolved upstream.
Red Hat will continue to track the issue in the centralized upstream bug tracker, and will review any bug fixes that become available for consideration in future updates.
Thank you for the bug report.