Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 498441
Removing a package from the a channel in the UI doesn't update repo cache
Last modified: 2009-09-10 08:06:05 EDT
When you remove a package from a channel, the new repocache mechanism is never signalled to regenerate the yum cache.
We should probably add this in ChannelManager.refreshWithNewestPackages() so we cover anytime the newest packages are refreshed to get other cases where we're forgetting to initiate a cache rebuild
579fffa - added call to ChannelManager.queueChannelChange() within refreshWithNewestPackages(), so we should over everything we need to.
Verified as follows:
1) Registered system to empty custom child channel of EL5 channel.
2) Ran "yum list available | grep suds" on system and observed python-suds package not listed.
3) Added python-suds package to channel.
4) After a few minutes, re-ran step #2 and observed python-suds listed in channel.
5) Removed python-suds package from channel.
6) After a few minutes, re-ran step #2 and observed python-suds *not* listed in channel.
repomd seems to be re-generated when package added or removed from a channel.
Spacewalk 0.6 released