Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 498949
Support CDN toggle for proxy
Last modified: 2013-01-10 05:03:21 EST
Toggling the CDN support for a system in the webui/via xmlrpc should affect
what the system does when proxying package downloads for its client systems
This one is harder than satellite
* install rhel 4.8 (for the latest rhnlib)
* install a 5.3 proxy
* activate the proxy
* edit /usr/share/rhn/proxy/broker/rhnBroker.py to set _PROXY_VERSION to '5.3.1'
* register a system against the proxy
* set your proxy's content-aware downloads to either y/n via the webui
* run a yum install on the other system and watch /var/log/rhn/rhn.log on
xmlrpc.back-webdev to see if it detects the pref correctly.
* check the logs on the cdn instance to verify that it has/has not served the
* repeat for the other setting.
* also verify that changing the settings for the system registered against the
proxy does not change the proxy using/not using CDN
**NOTE: last i heard rhnlib had a bug that was making proxy break. if you're getting ISEs coming from the proxy when trying to download the rpm, edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date and set storageDir=/tmp
Verified in dev. Testopia testcase id = 7906, 7907 and 7908.
Pushed to prod on 5/15/09.