Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 499589
virt-manager console widget doesn't know how to collect a 'username' for authentication with VNC
Last modified: 2009-06-04 17:18:15 EDT
Description of problem:
When connecting to a VNC server with Digest-MD5 auth, it is necccessary to collect a username and password. virt-manager only knows how to collect a password, so it drops the VNC connection
cf, virt-manager test cases here:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to a VNC server using SASL/Digest-MD5
Drops VNC connection
Prompts for username and password, and then connects
Fixed this upstream, need to backport to 0.7.0
Pushing an update to updates-test with Dan's fix for this; please add a comment to bodhi if you test this
* Thu May 21 2009 Mark McLoughlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 0.7.0-5.fc11
- Fix 'opertaing' typo in 'New VM' dialog (#495128)
- Allow details window to resize again (#491683)
- Handle collecting username for vnc authentication (#499589)
- Actually handle arch config when creating a VM (#499145)
- Log libvirt capabilities at startup to aid debugging (#500337)
virt-manager-0.7.0-5.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
virt-manager-0.7.0-5.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update virt-manager'. You can provide feedback for this update here: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2009-5410
virt-manager-0.7.0-5.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.