Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 500331
Send Out RHEL 2.1 final EOL Notice
Last modified: 2009-06-01 04:20:25 EDT
In accordance with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Errata Support Policy, the
7 years life-cycle of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 ended on May 31 2009.
Red Hat has now discontinued the technical support services, bugfix,
enhancement and security errata updates for the following products:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 2.1
* Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1
* Red Hat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1
Customers running production workloads on Enterprise Linux 2.1 should
migrate to a later version. One benefit of a Red Hat subscription is the
right to upgrade to never versions of Enterprise Linux for no extra cost.
As an Enterprise Linux subscriber, you have the option of migrating to the
following supported versions:
* version 3 (Generally Available: Oct 2003, End-Of-Life: Oct 2010)
* version 4 (GA: Feb 2005, EOL: Feb 2012)
* version 5 (GA: Mar 2007, EOL: Mar 2014)
These supported versions of Enterprise Linux are available for download
from Red Hat Network.
Details of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux life-cycle can be found on the Red
Hat website: http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.