Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 500947
Installer can't locate SATA hard drive (block.device = '/dev/sda').
Last modified: 2009-05-15 08:25:46 EDT
The following was filed automatically by anaconda:
anaconda 184.108.40.206 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/parted/__init__.py", line 277, in freshDisk
peddisk = disk_new_fresh(device.getPedDevice(), ty)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 682, in __init__
ty = platform.getPlatform(None).diskType)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1064, in addUdevDevice
initcb=cb, initlabel=initlabel, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1486, in populate
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 265, in reset
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 90, in storageInitialize
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 205, in moveStep
rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 128, in gotoNext
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1317, in nextClicked
PartitionException: Can't write to /dev/fd0, because it is opened read-only.
Created attachment 344075 [details]
Attached traceback automatically from anaconda.
Auto-anaconda trace occurred after the following:
1. Booted from F11 Beta installation DVD.
2. Selected option #1, Graphical Installation.
3. Language: US English.
4. Keyboard: US English.
5. Finding Storage Device..... (several minutes).
6. Warning: Error processing drive fd0. Maybe it needs to be re-initialized. YOU WILL LOOSE ALL DATA ON THIS DRIVE. Ignore Drive or Re-initialize Drive? Reinitialize chosen.
7. Exception occurred and bug filed.
8. Subsequently rebooted using the Live CD using same hardware configuration. Ran "lshal >/media/disk/lshal" and will attach the results next.
Created attachment 344076 [details]
lshal output after booting from Live CD.
This is fixed after the beta, which is really quite old at this point. We've done a ton of partition-related fixes since then.