Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 502962
update hplip to latest release 3.9.6
Last modified: 2009-07-27 14:24:04 EDT
* Add Designjet support for selected Designjet printers
* Added PolicyKit support - command line tools like hp-setup, hp-plugin, etc. are now run as a regular user, not root/superuser
* Added GPG digital signature support to the the HPLIP plug-in. This feature validates that the plug-in is not corrupted and is authentic prior to installation.
* Added native CUPS driver support (hpcups). Currently this support should be used for testing only.
* A lot of bugs fixed
Added Support for the Following New Printers:
* HP LaserJet p1009 Printer (LJP1XXX) (REQURIES plug-in)
* HP Designjet 4020ps (Postscript)
* HP Designjet 4520ps (Postscript)
* HP Designjet 4520mfp (Postscript) (Note: PC send fax not supported in this release)
* HP Officejet 6500 All-in-one Printer - e709a (DJGenericVIP)
* HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-one Printer - e709n (DJGenericVIP)
complete changelog at: http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 11 development cycle.
Changing version to '11'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Current is actually HPLIP 3.9.6
* The new native CUPS driver (HPCUPS) is now the default printer driver. HPCUPS requires CUPS 1.2 or higher and is a complete replacement for HPIJS. For now HPIJS is still included in the tarball and if necessary can co-exist with HPCUPS. HPCUPS provides new paper sizes for borderless and duplex. This means we now have PPDs with exact printable regions for normal, borderless and duplex paper sizes.
* A new utility 'hp-wificonfig' allows you to configure select wifi-capable printers on a wireless network. Once configured, the printer may be installed normally using hp-setup (there is also a way to access hp-wificonfig directly from hp-setup).
(In reply to comment #2)
> Current is actually HPLIP 3.9.6
> Significant Changes
plus support for 36 new printers.
*** Bug 512419 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***