Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 504225
Review Request: libdlo - DisplayLink driver library
Last modified: 2010-01-07 21:42:09 EST
Spec URL: http://ajax.fedorapeople.org/libdlo/libdlo.spec
SRPM URL: http://ajax.fedorapeople.org/libdlo/libdlo-0.1.0-1.fc12.src.rpm
An open-source implementation of DisplayLink USB graphics support. This
library will discover and connect to DisplayLink USB graphics chips,
and allow for developers to support DisplayLink devices.
404 on the src.rpm link. I used http://ajax.fedorapeople.org/libdlo/libdlo-0.1.0-1.fc11.src.rpm instead.
Builds fine, rpmlint says only:
libdlo.x86_64: W: no-documentation
libdlo-devel.x86_64: W: no-documentation
which would be OK, except that the main package needs the COPYING file and there does seem to be some development documentation in the Guide-v104.pdf file which should probably be in the -devel package.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
X license text included in tarball but not in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* final provides and requires are sane:
libdlo = 0.1.0-1.fc11
libdlo(x86-64) = 0.1.0-1.fc11
libdlo-devel = 0.1.0-1.fc11
libdlo-devel(x86-64) = 0.1.0-1.fc11
libdlo = 0.1.0-1.fc11
* shared libraries are installed:
ldconfig called properly.
unversioned .so links are in the -devel package.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* scriptlets are OK (ldconfig).
* code, not content.
* header is in the -devel package.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
Oops, good catch on COPYING. New spec and srpm in the same place as before.
Looks good, thanks.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: libdlo
Short Description: DisplayLink driver library
Did you intend to build this package? It doesn't look to me as if it's been imported yet.
I'm going to go ahead and close this, as it looks like the package ended up being orphaned before it made it into a release.