Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 506158
channel management tool doesn't allow setting end of life
Last modified: 2013-01-10 05:03:49 EST
I suspect that particular field has never been tested, as only 38 channels have it set.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Open command window and run: rhn-manage-channel-internal --server dev -l rhel-i386-server-5
2. Copy and paste the output in a new file
3. In the new file, change label and name information
4. In the new file, enter End of Life date (YYYY-MM-DD)
5. Save the file and run the following command: rhn-manage-channel-internal --server dev --csv=/home/dhughes/RHN/DeniseTestEOL062409 --update --commit
6. Verify the information in the database
select * from RHNCHANNEL where NAME = 'DeniseTestingName1'
7. Verify the information on the Retired Channels page in the UI
The RHNCHANNEL table is updated properly with the EOL date. But the channel is not displayed under the Retired Channels page in the UI.
Verified on webdev.
(Note: I changed the label and the name back to it's original state)
A unique constraint error was displayed. It did not affect the UI and database update. A separate bug was open for this issue. See bug #508325
verified in qa