Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 507253
Installer crashes upon writing partition changes to disk /usr/sbin/tune2fs can not be run
Last modified: 2009-10-19 12:14:51 EDT
Created attachment 348832 [details]
Crash Dump provided by the crash "handler"
Description of problem:
When installing fedora 11 using the live CD, the installer crashed after clicking "Write changes to disk".
I booted from the live image and started the installation. Then I created the following paritions:
boot 200MB ext2
root (/) ~6GB ext3 ****ENCRYPTED***
Then when I clicked "Next" it prompted that the changes must be written to the disk. So I clicked "Write Changes to disk" and after 1-2 minutes I got the crash.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In VMware, create a machine with 8GB disk,2 cpus, 1GB of RAM and select Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 for the OS
2. Point the VM to Fedora 11 Live ISO and power on the machine
3. Select Boot and start the installation.
4. Click next until you get to the paritions, then select "custom" and create the paritions above
5. When finished, click next then Write changes to desk
6. Wait 1 or 2 minutes
See attachment for the crash dump/logs
VMware Workstation 6.5.2
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 516567 ***