Description of Problem:
The new Desktop Settings wizard in KDE 2.2 beta 1 does not generate the
same language options each time you install the OS. Within an
installation, every account that starts KDE will see the same options, but
after reinstalling, different options are shown.
Consistent within installation. Varies from installation to installation.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start KDE from a user account that has never run KDE.
2. Drop the "Please choose your language" list.
3. Select Other.
Different results from three different installations. All were installed
from the same set of Roswell CDs. First installation was text mode, with
all packages. Second was GUI installation with all groups. Third
installation was GUI with all groups, with all KDE packages explicitly
selected. All installations specified US English everywhere possible.
First & third installations: Suggested language was Czech. List also
showed as options Spansih (es) and Default (C). The "Other" languages
option popped out a menu that included about 2 dozen languages. UK English
was an option, but no other English (ie, US English) was listed.
Second installation: This time the only language that appeared in the list
was "Default (c)". The "Other" list also contained only Default (C).
- Expected to see same language list each time.
- Expected "Other" list to have other choices.
- Expected that suggested language would be based on installation settings.
- Expected that if English is defined as UK, another English option would
Fixed in 2.2-0.cvs20010801.1 and higher. The problem was that the locale for
English is "C", and just looking if a string contained that brought up "Cs"
(Czech) and "Ca" (Catalan) as possible results.