Description of problem:
virt-top segfaults immediately for me when run in ja locale.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
セグメンテーション違反です (Segmentation fault.)
to run like in other locales
Thanks for this report - I will try to look at
it next week.
Apologies - I didn't get a chance to study this
this week. I'll try again next week.
Set the product to Virtualization Tools. I'll have a look
at this for real later today.
Confirmed this is a bug in ocaml-gettext, discussing
OK we fixed this now. The *.mo files were corrupt. Try this
to demonstrate the problem:
We've changed the tool upstream which we use to generate the
*.mo files, so this shouldn't happen in future.
Now however there is a second problem - curses messes up
strings containing Japanese characters.
Commit which fixes the first problem:
OK we fixed the second problem too by linking against
ncursesw instead of ncurses.
I'm going to declare this bug "closed upstream", because
everything now works for me. I will build a new virt-top
in Fedora later once I've fixed a few of the other bugs.
ocaml-curses-1.0.3-6.fc12.1 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
virt-top-1.0.4-1.fc12.1 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
This still breaks if run with de_DE.UTF-8 locale. It works fine when run with "LANG=C virt-top". This is virt-top-1.0.4-1.fc12.1.x86_64 on F-12.
Ugh so it does. There must be another bug in the locale code.
Ugh x 2. The message catalog for DE is broken. The
format strings don't have matching %s, eg:
$ msgunfmt /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/virt-top.mo
msgid "%s: display should be %s"
msgstr "'%s' sollte numerisch sein."
msgid "%s: sort order should be: %s"
msgstr "Soll eine Palette verwendet werden?"
The gettext library is supposed to be catching this sort
of error, but obviously that bit doesn't work.
The problem was simply that I'd built the package against
the old, broken ocaml-gettext library, and not the new fixed
Please try upgrading to virt-top 1.0.4-3 (in Rawhide):
I also need to backport ocaml-gettext 0.3.3 to Fedora 12
and rebuild virt-top in F12 against that. Not done yet - so
I'll leave this bug open.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 13 development cycle.
Changing version to '13'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
This is actually a bug against Fedora 12.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 12 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 12. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '12'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 12's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 12 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 12 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2010-12-02. Fedora 12 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.