Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 508273
Add new Isolated virtual network on host abnormally
Last modified: 2010-03-30 04:50:40 EDT
Description of problem:
A unsuitble virtual network can also be added after some opration. Just like the step below. The step is a little long. Thanks for reading it!
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch virt-manager: #virt-manager.
2. Click Edit->Host Details.
3. Click Virtual Networks tab on Host Details window.
4. Click + button.
5. Click Forward button on Create a new virtual network window.
6. Fill out Network name as “redhat” and click Forward button.
7. Choose an IPv4 address space and click Forward button.
8.Fill out the range of addresses on Start field and End field , then click Forward button.
9.Select “Isolated virtual network” or another then click “Forward”.
10.Click “Finish” button.
11. Add the second network named “fedora” following step 1-10, in step7,8, fill out the range of addresses on Start field and End field THAT ALREADY IN USE, then click Forward button.
12. When clicking Finish button,there will be a error poping up, prompting address already in use, close and cancel the windows.
13.Delete the network “redhat” , you’ll find the “fedora” is added successfully.
The network “fedora” is added after step 13.
The network “fedora” won’t be added all the time.
Okay, the issue here is that we aren't doing proper cleanup if we fail at the end of the wizard: we should undefine the network if it fails to start.
This shouldn't be a regression though, so I think it's a 5.5 candidate.
Created attachment 378591 [details]
Better error handling when creating networks.
This is a backport of the following upstream cset:
Fix built in virt-manager-0_6_1-9_el5
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.