Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 508334
checking for available subscriptions with a guest that has no host causes an ISE
Last modified: 2013-01-10 05:04:06 EST
If you have no free physical entitlements, and no free FVEs, and you are trying to register a virtual guest that has no host known to RHN, then during the remaining subscriptions call, RHN will ISE, instead of returning 0.
FWIW, this has to be a kvm guest, it seems.
Verified in webdev.
Steps for Testing:
1. ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ssh -p 1111 localhost
3. Run rhn_register
4. tail the logs and verify no errors
5. Verify the system is registered in RHN
Cannot be verified in webqa. No access to the machine for testing. Setting status to verified.
The change I made for this bug is causing tracebacks in production. Should be an easy fix; the SQL is just plain wrong (see commit 530479)
* THERE EXISTS an account with NO entitlements remaining
* THERE EXISTS a 5.4 KVM Host system, "HOST"
* THERE EXISTS on that system a KVM guest, "GUEST"
* HOST is NOT REGISTERED to RHN
1) Log in to GUEST
2) Run rhn_register
Registration fails cleanly, due to no remaining entitlements. No errors in the logs on the rhnxml box or on GUEST.
3) Give the account entitlements
4) Login to GUEST
5) Run rhn_register
GUEST registers with hosted
6) Log in to HOST
7) Run rhn_register
8) Give HOST Virtualization entitlement
HOST shows GUEST as one of its guest systems in WEBUI
Verified on webdev.
verified on webqa
Note that I can't reproduce the failure on any environment now, so I'll just trust that the test plan in this bz is accurate.
Fix in production.