Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 508534
yum takes a big amount of time to exit while downloading
Last modified: 2014-01-21 18:10:15 EST
- I was doing a yum upgrade, on a slow connection, and wanted to kill yum to save some bandwidth for browsing
- hit Ctrl+C, a message pops up saying to press Ctrl+C again to kill yum
- no matter how hard I try to press Ctrl+C, yum isn't killed, but ^C is recognized and printed on screen
- after some time (about a minute) finally yum quits
- I expected it to quit immediately after the second time I pressed Ctrl+C
(9/91): eclipse-cdt-5.0.2-3.fc11.i586.rpm | 15 MB 10:56 ...
Current download cancelled, interrupt (ctrl-c) again within two seconds to exit.
Exiting on user cancel
Exiting on user cancel.
If this wasn't Fedora 11 it would have looked like a duplicate of bug 519233.
FWIW: My experience is that ctrl-c always worked acceptable in Fedora 11.
the delay in exiting, in the past has always been a dns lookup issue in python. We're waiting for a response we can't break out of b/c of how low of a level it is.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 524456 ***