Spec URL: http://diegobz.fedorapeople.org/packages/django-south/django-south.spec
SRPM URL: http://diegobz.fedorapeople.org/packages/django-south/django-south-0.6-1.fc11.rc1.src.rpm
South brings migrations to Django applications. Its main objectives are to
provide a simple, stable and database-independent migration layer to prevent
all the hassle schema changes over time bring to your Django applications.
This package is needed to suppress a dependency for the new Transifex 0.7-RC1.
This is my first package and I need sponsor.
Spec based on django-evolution package.
* rpmlint is clean
* Approved license and license tag matches LICENSE file.
- No conflicting licenses found in headers of package.
- License file included in %doc
* Specfile is readable
* Source matches upstream but see below.
* No locale files
* Not a shared library
* Not relocatable
* Owns all files and directories it creates
* %clean section set corectly
* macros used consistently
* code, not content
* %doc files do not affect package runtime.
* All filenames are valid utf-8
* Package name doesn't fit the guidelines but there is a lot of precedent for
django plugins. Asking on the fedora-packaging list. options are:
- Write an exception and use django-south
I like either the first or the last.
* You should add a revision to the checkout line in the Source0 comment so that
someone can get the exact revision at a later date. Something like this:
# hg clone -r 3a3140b338a4 https://bitbucket.org/andrewgodwin/south/ django-south-0.6-rc1
The idea is for the reviewer to know how to reproduce the exact tarball that is in the srpm.
* This is a pre-release so the Release should start with "0." to avoid update
problems when 0.6 final is released. Since it's a snapshot package, it
should have some information about being a checkout encoded as well:
%global vcsdate 20090710
%global vcstag rc1-6
* Does not build in koji:
koji build --scratch dist-f12 django-south-0.6-1.fc11.rc1.src.rpm
Looks like you need to BuildRequire: python-setuptools-devel
In case you haven't seen them, the packaging generic Guidelines and python Guidelines are relevant to this package:
Thank you for the reviewing, Toshio.
New Spec: http://diegobz.fedorapeople.org/packages/Django-south/Django-south.spec
New SRPM: http://diegobz.fedorapeople.org/packages/Django-south/Django-south-0.6-0.1.20090811hgrc1.fc11.src.rpm
Wow.. South 0.6 was just released.
Looks good. Now builds in koji and the other issues have been addressed. The only thing left is that there's now a tarball for the django-south-0.6 release but this is still building from an hg snapshot. That's not a huge issue but there are several advantages to using the tarball:
* Since most people are going to be using the tarball, there's more QA effort going into the release from other ditributions and other people downloading it.
* The hg snapshot includes the hg repository so it's larger than the tarball.
Make that change and have the Source0: line point to the new tarball location and I'll approve this.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: Django-south
Short Description: Intelligent schema migrations for Django apps
Branches: F-10 F-11 EL-5
Django-south-0.6-2.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
Django-south-0.6-2.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
Django-south-0.6-2.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
Django-south-0.6-2.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.