Description of problem:
taken from bug 478659 comment # 7:
"I'm a newbie running Fedora 11 trying to run xfce4-screenshooter. Everything
works great except when I select a region with copy to clipboard I am unable to
paste it into OpenOffice Impress like I can with gnome screenshot."
I can confirm Jason's observation, the clipboard does not work at all.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run xfce4-screenshooter with "copy to the clipboard":
2. try to insert the content of the clipboard into OpenOffice writer -> nothing happens
3. try to insert the content in GIMP.
There is no image data in the clipboard to paste."
Content should be pasted into OpenOffice or GIMP
Jason, you said the only thing that doesn't work is "Select a Region of the Screen" in combination with "Copy to the Clipboard". For me the clipboard does not work at all. Can you confirm this?
Copy to clipboard will only work if
- a clipboard manager is running. parcellite does not work, only xfce4-clipman and the internal one from Gnome are working
- the screenshooter plugin was added to the panel. It will store the image.
Upstream will make these requirements more obvious. The "copy to clipboard" option will not be available if the requirements are not fulfilled. For more info see http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5933