Description of problem:
the previuos installation has mounted under /mnt/sysimage, but cannot execute chroot /mnt/sysimage on shell.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot the installer using any available means (CDROM, DVD, http, ftp, or nfs) with the rescue command-line parameter
2. If doing a network installation, specify the remote installation source for grabbing stage2 anaconda (e.g. nfs, http, or ftp)
3. Instruct anaconda to scan your disks for existing installations
4. Select "OK" to mount into /mnt/sysimage for your existing installation
5. execute 'chroot /mnt/sysimage/' in shell.
chroot: cannot run command '/bin/sh': Exec format error
change the root partition of the rescue mode environment to the root partition of your file system successfully.
I wonder if this is a result of using an i386 rescue image on a system installed with x86_64?
I would imagine so. Can you try with an image from the right architecture?
Oh sorry, i did use an i386 image to rescue the x86_64 system. Today I tested f12-Alpha-RC2-i386 from right architecture, it works fine.