From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.61C-SGI [en] (X11; I; IRIX 6.5 IP22)
Description of problem:
ATI Radeon cannot install the radeon kernel module. When agpgart & radeon
modules are loaded by hand with insmod the XFree86 log says that the radeon
module has the wrong version number (1.0.0 instead of 1.1.0)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install an ATI Radeon card
2. Install RedHat Beta ROSWELL
3. try running an OpenGL program - it will be very slow.
4. Look at /var/log/XFree86.0.log there will be errors flagged about the
Actual Results: OpenGL programs will only run slowly because DRI is
Expected Results: They should run very fast
[drm] failed to load kernel module "radeon"
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
Created attachment 28116 [details]
XFree86.0.log produced by vanilla ROSWELL installation
In Roswell's RELEASE-NOTES,
- DRI support is not included for XFree86-4.1.0. This means that
hardware-accelerated GL will not work.
That is correct, Roswell did not have any DRI support at all.
Roswell 2 does, but Radeon support was broken. It is fixed now in