Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 520864
libvirt is using untrusted 'info vcpus' PID data for already running VM after libvirtd restart
Last modified: 2009-09-15 06:47:54 EDT
Description of problem:
Once the guest has started executing, libvirt must be careful about trusting data from the QEMU monitor. During initial VM startup it is safe to trust data up until 'cont' has been issued to start the vCPUs.
After a libvirtd restart though, the QEMU driver is calling 'info vcpus' to get the vCPU<->thread PID mapping data. It should not do this. THis data should be stored in the persistent state file during initial VM startup, and never queried thereafter.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
* Mon Sep 14 2009 Mark McLoughlin <email@example.com> - 0.7.1-0.2.gitfac3f4c
- Update to newer snapshot of 0.7.1
- Stop libvirt using untrusted 'info vcpus' PID data (#520864)
- Support relabelling of USB and PCI devices
- Enable multipath storage support
- Restart libvirtd upon RPM upgrade
Merged upstream too