Description of problem:
GFS filesystem is inconsistent after xfstests test suite run, caused by test 070.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Linux version 2.6.31-0.32.rc7.fc11.x86_64 (firstname.lastname@example.org) (gcc version 4.4.1 20090725 (Red Hat 4.4.1-2) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Aug 27 13:01:43 CEST 2009
- gfs2_mkfs 3.0.2 (built Aug 24 2009 08:27:19)
- GFS2 fsck 3.0.2 (built Aug 24 2009 08:27:15)
- xfstest git commit dfdb145fbc8ab6d276b67615617e3951be289258
Steps to Reproduce:
1. mkfs.gfs2 /dev/mapper/vg_loki-test2 -p lock_nolock
2. mount /dev/mapper/vg_loki-test2 /mnt/test2
3. ltp/fsstress \
-d /mnt/test2/fsstress \
-f allocsp=0 \
-f freesp=0 \
-f bulkstat=0 \
-f bulkstat1=0 \
-f resvsp=0 \
-f unresvsp=0 \
-f attr_set=100 \
-f attr_remove=100 \
-S -p 1 -n 1000
4. umount /mnt/test2
5. fsck.gfs2 /dev/mapper/vg_loki-test2
filesystem is inconsistent
filesystem is fully consistent
Created attachment 359676 [details]
Full test 070 output
I recreated this problem on recent code obtained from the git
repository. It seems to be a problem with the extended attribute
block accounting in fsck.gfs2. The problem was recently introduced
(sadly, by me) but was _not_ shipped with 5.4. I'm testing a patch
now to fix the problem.
Created attachment 359733 [details]
This is the patch I'm testing. Unfortunately, this affects a
delicate area of fsck.gfs2 so I'll have to run the patch through
my entire collection of gfs2 metadata before I can call it good.
With this patch it seems work for me.
I pushed the patch to the master branch of the gfs2-utils git
tree and the STABLE3 branch of the cluster git tree. I also
crosswrote the fix to GFS and pushed that patch to the same
branches. I still need to fix up the STABLE2 and RHEL55 branches.
The patches for both GFS and GFS2 have been pushed to the
RHEL55 and STABLE2 branches in git. We just need Fedora builds
now for GFS and GFS2 from STABLE3.
This fix is now in cluster-3.0.3-1.fc11. Thanks, Fabio.
Closing this UPSTREAM.