Description of problem:
rhn-ssl-cert-check is failing on 5.2 and earlier Satellites.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Install 5.2 Satellite.
1. Subscribe Satellite system to rhn-tools channel.
2. # grep traceback_mail /etc/rhn/rhn.conf and make sure its something valid like: traceback_mail = email@example.com
3. # /etc/cron.daily/rhn-ssl-cert-check (should return nothing)
4. up2date or yum spacewalk-ssl-cert-check
5. # /etc/cron.daily/rhn-ssl-cert-check
Unable to read the admin e-mail address in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
To disable monitoring, add CHECK=no in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-ssl-cert-check
Otherwise, you will have to add a valid email address to receive
expiration notifications, either in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf (traceback_mail)
or set ADMIN in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-ssl-cert-check
Should continue to check but return nothing as traceback_mail is in fact set in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
I don't *believe* we have a rule against being subscribed to the rhn-tools channel. If we do have that documented somewhere, then please add that pointer here if the bug is closed as notabug. However, all my Satellites get subscribed to the rhn-tools channel when I install them, and all my old ones started having this error.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 524053 ***