Description of problem:
we have another winner in the libdir insanity:
[david@dawkins Hentet]$ monodevelop
WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.
Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/monodevelop/bin/MonoDevelop.exe': Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
This problem is trivial to fix -- basically the monodevelop shell script is now provided in final form, instead of monodevelop.in, and we are still trying to patch monodevelop.in
A harder problem is that the Cecil and Nunit fixes are now broken too. The scripts probably need to be updated -- there are some archaic references in the spec to nunit22, for instance. I'll look into this.
[michel@erdos monodevelop]$ rpm -qpl /home/michel/Download/monodevelop-2.1.0-1.fc12.x86_64.rpm | grep Cecil
[michel@erdos monodevelop]$ rpm -qpl /home/michel/Download/monodevelop-2.1.0-1.fc12.x86_64.rpm | grep nunit
(and all the cecil scripts at the top of the spec file are somehow commented out -- why? Thankfully, #% is equivalent to %, so the commenting does no harm)
Going to replace our cecil and nunit patches with a sed script; really, there is no point hard-coding the list of files we change, as we'd just end up playing whack-a-mole. better to nab any occurence of the files across all makefiles.
OK, the new build should be up on Rawhide soon:
I've reworked all the patches; most of the cecil/nunit adjustments are now done using sed, to make sure we do not miss any; the -unbundle patches are simply to prevent the bundled Cecil and NUnit DLLs from being included in the install, and the -rmcecildeps is to make Cecil-using assemblies to link against the system Cecil.
Minor spec errors and excessive dependencies have been fixed; and we now use the latest nunit 2.4 rather than the compatibility nunit22.
You are truly a god amongst men Michel and I owe you beer in quantities unmentionable by mere mortals.
I've had the same issue. Changing the path to the monodevelop exe allowed mono to startup, but trying to compile anything failed (with a .NET/mono not found error) until i put a symlink at /usr/lib/mono to /usr/lib64/mono. I can test the new packages and see if it fixes this too.
2.1.0-2 still has a broken monodevelop launcher (looks in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64).
In addition, compilation is still broken with the error:
"Framework 'Mono / .NET 2.0' not installed."
This can be 'fixed' by:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/mono /usr/lib/mono
hope this helps
Commiting 2.1.0-3. It should fix the monodevelop launcher... Expect it to hit rawhide tomorrow...
You'd have to request rel-eng to tag it for F-12 before you can build, though. I think the new Rawhide builds are no longer being pushed to the daily compose (i.e. FTP's rawhide is different from our spec repo's rawhide).
monodevelop-2.1.0-4.fc12 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
monodevelop-2.1.0-4.fc12 has been pushed to the Fedora 12 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update monodevelop'. You can provide feedback for this update here: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F12/FEDORA-2009-11420
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 12 development cycle.
Changing version to '12'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
monodevelop-2.1.0-4.fc12 has been pushed to the Fedora 12 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.