Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 524277
Review Request: dbacl - Digramic Bayesian text classifier
Last modified: 2010-02-20 16:29:40 EST
SPEC URL: http://xiashing.fedorapeople.org/SPECS/dbacl.spec
SRPM URL: http://xiashing.fedorapeople.org/SRPMS/dbacl-1.9-1.fc11.src.rpm
Description: dbacl is a general purpose digramic Bayesian text classifier. It can
learn text documents you provide, and then compare new input with the learned categories. It can be used for spam filtering, or within your own shell scripts. Sometimes it plays chess.
Fails to build for me in rawhide:
gcc -funsigned-char -Wall -pedantic -O3 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -o bayesol bayesol.o fram.o risk-lexer.o risk-parser.o probs.o util.o jenkins.o jenkins2.o mtherr.o igam.o gamma.o const.o polevl.o isnan.o ndtr.o -lm
risk-lexer.o: In function `yylex':
/builddir/build/BUILD/dbacl-1.9/src/lex.yy.c:941: undefined reference to `yywrap'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bayesol] Error 1
Please clear the whiteboard when you have a package that builds properly. I suggest providing a link to a successful koji scratch build in your reviews.
New SPEC: http://xiashing.fedorapeople.org/SPECS/dbacl.spec
New SRPM: http://xiashing.fedorapeople.org/SRPMS/dbacl-1.9-2.fc11.src.rpm
It failed on rawhide with BuildrootError: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1690850
But it was successful on a dist-f11 build: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1690860
What's the cause of the BuildrootError? I assume it's not entirely necessary to build on rawhide: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-August/msg01792.html
$ rpmlint /var/lib/mock/fedora-11-x86_64/result/dbacl-*
dbacl.x86_64: W: incoherent-version-in-changelog 1.9-2.f11 ['1.9-2.fc11', '1.9-2']
dbacl.x86_64: E: standard-dir-owned-by-package /usr/share/man/man1
dbacl.x86_64: E: non-executable-script /usr/share/dbacl/doc/prop.pl 0644 /usr/bin/perl
dbacl.x86_64: E: standard-dir-owned-by-package /usr/share/man
3 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 3 errors, 1 warnings.
- according to src/dbcl.h, the license tag must be GPLv2+
- The interactive mode of mailinspect is currently disabled because of the following missing BRs: ncurses-devel, readline-devel, slang-devel. However, the sources don't compile without further patching since they seem to rely on an older version of libslang.
- use macros in the %files section:
- the documentation is quite extensive, so it's probably a good idea to put it in a -doc subpackage
- I'm not sure whether the testsuite must be added. If so, it should probably go in a separate package.
- add the files AUTHORS, ChangeLog, COPYING, NEWS, README and THANKS to %doc
- remove .f11 from the version numbers in the changelog entries
It's been four months since comment 3 with no response. I'll close this soon if there's no further progress.