Spec URL: http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/nss_updatedb.spec
SRPM URL: http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/nss_updatedb-10-1.fc12.src.rpm
The nss_updatedb utility maintains a local cache of network directory user
and group information. Used in conjunction with the pam_ccreds module,
it provides a mechanism for disconnected use of network directories.
Builds fine and rpmlint is silent.
You have "License: GPLv2" but nowhere do I see a version of the GPL specified. According to the GPL text itself (section 9) we can choose any version we like. This means that the license is GPL+. Or do you see any language in the code or documentation which specifies "version 2 only"?
BTW, if you're going to require a recent rpm by leaving out BuildRoot:, you might as well drop the rpm -rf at the start of %install.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
X license field does not seem to match the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
nss_updatedb = 10-1.fc12
nss_updatedb(x86-64) = 10-1.fc12
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directory it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
The package review process needs reviewers! If you haven't done any package
reviews recently, please consider doing one.
Thanks Jason for reviewing,
- Yeah, Licence was a gotcha, now I changed the License in the SPEC file to GPL+
- And removed the rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT from %install section
updated SPEC and SRPM:
Sure, will do package reviews.
Where did the FE-NEEDSPONSOR blocker come from?
- I forgot to mention, I'm not sponsored yet.
- I've also submitted another request
Status: Package APPROVED, but blocked by FE_NEEDSPONSOR.
A package can't be in that state, because reviews of NEEDSPONSOR tickets must be done by a sponsor.
In any case, I'm not willing to sponsor you at this time, in part because I don't appreciate not being told up front that you need sponsorship. I'm returning this package to the queue.
Firstly, Apologies. It's an inadvertent mistake I made. I'm new to Fedora process. Still learning.
Koji scratch build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1789279
- Need work
+ package builds in mock (rawhide i686).
koji Build =>http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1968557
+ rpmlint is silent for SRPM and for RPM.
nss_updatedb.src: W: no-cleaning-of-buildroot %install
nss_updatedb.src: W: no-buildroot-tag
==> no issues as long as not wanted to use in EPEL.
+ source files match upstream url (sha1sum)
+ package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
+ specfile is properly named, is cleanly written
+ Spec file is written in American English.
+ Spec file is legible.
+ dist tag is present.
+ license is open source-compatible.
+ License text is included in package.
+ %doc is present.
+ BuildRequires are proper.
+ %clean is present.
+ package installed properly.
+ Macro use appears rather consistent.
+ Package contains code, not content.
+ no headers or static libraries.
+ no .pc file present.
+ no -devel subpackage
+ no .la files.
+ no translations are available
+ Does owns the directories it creates.
+ no scriptlets present.
+ no duplicates in %files.
+ file permissions are appropriate.
+ Not a GUI application
Thanks a lot Parag for reviewing.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: nss_updatedb
Short Description: Maintains a local cache of network directory user and group information
Branches: F-11 F-12 F-13
CVS done (by process-cvs-requests.py).
Note: we are not yet doing F-13 branches.